Thursday, January 31, 2013

My New Buddy, Duke

Duke is the sweet boy I am caring for this weekend in Petaluma. We had a nice pre-sunset walk this afternoon, and are now relaxing by the fireplace watching Seinfeld reruns.

Duke is an 8 and 1/2 year old "lab mix", maybe some Sheppard, maybe some Chow, maybe some Heeler...Definitely all kinds of sweet and mellow!

Because Duke's hips are compromised, we can't play ball or do too much strenuous walking. So instead, we are going to take daily walks that are good for us, but not overly challenging. And on Sunday, I am taking Duke to see our friend Louisa at The Swimming Dog, where he will be able to soak in warm water while doing some anti-gravity treadmill work...and will get to swim in the bigger therapy pool as well. I can't wait, as I know it will feel so good on Duke's joints...and will be an over all cleansing for him. I know that, for me, swimming always brings with it the gift of "healing feelings"!













No comments:

Post a Comment