Sunday, February 3, 2013

Duke, The Swimming Dog!

Today I took my new new buddy Duke to see Louisa at her wonderful water therapy facility, The Swimming Dog. While Louisa swims with tons of dogs every week, she said she has never seen a dog have as much fun as Duke did today. It was amazing to watch. This normally quiet, subtly happy boy became a puppy before our very eyes. He hesitated to go in the water for all of about three minutes, but soon enough, he was swimming lap after lap after lap, whining joyfully as he gathered up toy after toy from the far end of the pool and brought it back to be thrown again. I've only known Duke for a short while, but seeing him so animated and blissful in the water made me hope I might get to bring him back to the pool on a regular basis. Because of his older age and hip dysplasia, (Louisa and) I (both) believe he is the perfect candidate for regular swim therapy.













No comments:

Post a Comment