Friday, November 7, 2014

The Landscape Within

After a brutally, impossibly hot summer in Bakersfield, the relief of autumn has finally settled in. I could not be more grateful for this, as exercising outdoors during summertime in Bakersfield is probably a lot like dancing in an aluminum suit across the surface of the sun, wearing a hat made of fire. 

With the change in weather, I've been able to get out and do the things that I not only love, but which sustain my physical and psychological wellbeing. It is amazing to me how much my perspective changes with one good workout. Doesn't matter what kind of workout really (though rollerblading is REALLY FUN), just one session of moving the body, elevating the heart rate, and sweating out the frustration and stress of daily life as a human being. 
Any given landscape simply looks a thousand times better WHEN I AM MOVING THROUGH IT than when I am sitting in it, stagnating. Physical movement biochemically adjusts the "internal landscape" of my brain and body chemistry, such that the world outside becomes more enticing, engaging, and empowering than it is otherwise able to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment