Monday, September 16, 2013

Training For Life

My ability to think positively, feel openly and act efficiently boils down to MOVEMENT. When I move my body -- walking, running, hiking, swimming, biking, skating -- I find myself breathing to the natural beat of my biology, becoming in those moments the ANIMAL I was born to be. I get out of my mind and into my body. I get less cerebral and more visceral. I grow out of my human skin and into my limitless spirit. This is the greatest gift I can give myself. It is also one of the greatest responsibilities, I feel, to give this gift to the animals in my care. Exercise isn't the answer to every question; nor does it solve every problem. However in my experience, it is the foundation upon which health and happiness are truly attainable. There is simply no better way to connect with the beauty in oneself, in one's environment, or in another being, than through physical activity in the wide world outside. 



No comments:

Post a Comment